- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency equivalent to a 32cc gas chain saw
- "Tool-less" chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended battery life
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- Weighs only 11.5 lbs. with batteries for reduced operator fatigue
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless Chain Saw Kit (model XCU03PT1). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the Chain Saw is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications. Its powered by two 18V LXT® batteries for 36V power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. And with the efficient Makita outer rotor brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw.
The Chain Saw has a 14 guide bar and the Makita-built motor with variable speed delivers 0-3,940 FPM for increased cutting speed, but with less noise (only 100dB(A)). It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick it up, load two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include a "tool-less" chain adjustments, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
Model XCU03PT1 is a kit and includes the Chain Saw, four fast-charging 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah batteries and an efficient 18V Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger.
Its part of Makitas expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the worlds largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.